A Guide to Email Marketing With CRM
Why should your email marketing run from your CRM?
Companies without a CRM either do not run email marketing campaigns or they do it from stand-alone email marketing platforms. This is not a good idea!
They send emails and receive open rates and number of clicks…and what then?
Companies running integrated email marketing campaigns from their CRM solution, send emails, check open rates, check the clicks and forward these leads (yes clicks are leads) to their sales teams for proactive follow up and monitor results of sales originated from email marketing.
How to do it in a very simple way:
1. Have your customer base in your CRM segmented and classified according to your customer profile. In a CRM you can do that, yes you can, very easily.
2. Define a marketing strategy for a period. Included must be all forms of communication with customers and prospects and of course most importantly your email marketing content.
3. Create valid content to offer your customers. Not only sales campaigns (products, services, promotions), but also content they can relate to and feel that when they read it, they received valuable information and not only a “buy message. Having a proper recognition from your audience, you can create brand awareness and market recognition for your organization.
4. Build a CRM report that filters segments you want to communicate with and send your email marketing to on a regular basis. Choose the sending dates and hours and programme your campaigns schedule in advance.
5. Analyse the campaign results and forward leads to your sales team (did we mention that clicks are leads)
Things you must not forget
Create great content for you audience
Your email marketing should forward clicks to landing pages that encourage further engagement
Consented email marketing is very important
Follow local legislation and good practices
Email marketing is an ongoing relationship you create with your customers and not a single event
Clicks are leads the sales team should follow up
Keep your database healthy and free of bounced emails (Remember all database deteriorate in quality over time)
Always give your customer the option to unsubscribe (that’s legal and mandatory)